Basketball and netball are popular sports all around the world. This is not surprising, as these sports are fun, exciting, and relaxing. This is why many of us want our own court in our own backyards. There are many things to consider if you want your own basketball or netball court. Fencing is one of them.
Court fencing serves many purposes. The type of fencing to be installed can affect how the players can perform. It also affects how spectators will be able to interact with the game. One of the best types of fencing that these courts can be installed with is a chainwire fence.
Protecting your basketball and netball court with chainwire fencing: things you need to know
Considering fencing a basketball or netball court? Here are things you need to know before installing a chainwire fence around your court.
1. Why should you install chainwire fencing around your basketball or netball court?
There are many good reasons why you should install chainwire fencing around your court. Some of these are the following:
- Protection: The main reason for installing chainwire fencing around the court is protection. This keeps the players safe from things that can potentially interrupt the game. This also keeps spectators safe from being injured by the ball or the players. The fence also keeps the court protected from intruders.
- Visibility: A chainwire fence maintains high visibility for both sides. Those inside the court aren’t in the dark about what is happening outside. The people outside can watch the game without fear of being hit by stray equipment.
- Comfort: Chainwire fences allow air to easily pass through, which can make it more comfortable for the players. This is especially notable in covered courts. Solid walls can block the flow of air, which can make the place quite stuffy. This won’t be a problem with chainwire fencing.
2. The other advantages of chainwire fencing
Chainwire fencing for your court has many other benefits. Knowing these things can help you think of how to build your fence. Some of these advantages are as follows:
- Easy to maintain: Chainwire fences are easy to clean. They are low-maintenance and do not require special care.
- Sturdy: These fences are also not easily damaged. They are resistant to normal wear and tear and can withstand a variety of climates. If they do get damaged, replacement is easy, affordable, and stress-free. Coating options to protect these fences are also abundant.
- Easy on the eyes: Chainwire fences have a simple design that is both pleasing and practical. Installing a chainwire fence is an excellent way of keeping people’s attention on the game.
3. Know the size of the basketball or netball court
Decide on how big you want the basketball or netball court area to be. If you want a simple court for practice sessions, then you need not follow the standard. If you plan to have full matches, then follow the standard sizes for these sports. The standards are the following:
- Basketball: The International Basketball Federation’s standard size for a basketball court is 28 meters by 15 meters.
- Netball: The standard size for a netball court is 30.5 meters by 15.25 meters, according to the International Netball Federation.
Place the chainwire fence beyond the dimensions given above. This is to leave some room for players to chase the ball.
For all your Newcastle fencing needs, remember only one name. Your Fencing Specialist is here any time of the week to speak with you about your plans of enclosing your basketball or netball court. Contact us today!